Thursday, June 23, 2011

Life@Mysore Campus


I bought a new laptop yesterday. And today I copied all my pics from mobile to laptop. Browsing those pics again and again brought so many memories of that time. The fun with the friends and the beautiful campus. Swapping my id card, which use to hang from an orange tag, in front of swipe in and swipe out machines, I spent 4.5 months in India's most beautiful campus. Bridge, Intermediate, Stream & POST are the four words that define my journey in Mysore campus. Names like Shalabh, Venkat, Prashant, Pragati, Manish D., Siddharth, Aprajita, Koli, Sandhya, and Shanmukh define my life in campus. Hey I am missing all of them. I wish that time flies back and I could meet all of them in the same environment.

When I use to climb up the stairs of GEC 1 or take the escalators in GEC 2 I use to feel every moment of it. Afterall I was in the campus about whom so much had been written and said. I use to feel proud. Each day, every module, every class, was so much full of life. When we talk about life, we count so many things lke happiness, fun, tensions, guilt, sad, and many others. Happy about endless things, fun with friends, tensions for module tests, guilt of doing something wrong, sad when my friend left the campus and while loosing my module, living the time with so many friends around and at times feeling lonely, missing my dear and loved ones..  In all I lived in Infy Campus. And believe me, in the 4.5 months, I had felt all the feelings that define life.

There was life in everything. Like long queues for the movie.. it doesn't matter that what the weather was. Even if its raining like hell or a burning sun was out there.. the queues used to last upto 2-4 hours. Sitting there and chatting endlessly with all the friends, sharing past stories, present cases and future plans... There was life in every module perception test. There used to be similar tensions shared by all of us - together and at same time. It used to be the time when every one use to sit continuously in the classes and study to either pass the exam or to maintain a certain grade. On loosing the 5-pointer mark, everyone use to grin saying that he lost his virginity (once lost can't be gained back). There was life in Amphitheater.. DJ nights, Bhangra night, Indo-Pakistan match.. all were full of life. There was life in washing clothes. It is the worst nightmare of all the bachelors when living in a hostel facility. A hectic, time taking process but necessary one. And this one was made so easy with the laundromats. Now I used to listen songs but other found many other forms of life.. watching TV back in the room, going for lunch, or sometimes going to Gym.. Multitasking... or sometimes sitting in front of washing machine and watching the dance of the clothes on the rythm played by the machines. There was music all around in campus. Birds chirping and sometimes crying loudly, bands played in the Music room, singing songs beneath the great banyan tree, the shrilling laughter of girls while walking in the campus.. it was music everywhere. The lush green scenery maintained in the campus, absolutely clean (clean like heaven), beautiful architecture and at most pollution free air to breathe... how can one forget that campus in his life, come what may.

Here at Pune, we usually discuss the masti and fun of that great campus. One day when we all were discussing the same topic, Raj Bhai and Rupesh Bhai said that they are gonna visit the campus before switching the company. But Vipul said that it is not about seeing that campus... its about feeling that campus when you stay there. Truly said by him... its living each and every moment in that campus and feeling the campus around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment